I am versatile writer, with experience in many genres. Most of my writing has been for in-house publications, like reports, web content, newsletters and funding submissions. In-between times, I’ve written blog posts, fiction, and poetry.
White Papers and Reports
Revolve: for 3 years, I wrote a quarterly paper on youth issues for a national youth organisation. Here are a few:
– Research paper on multiculturalism – 2005
– Research paper on family – 2008
St Matthew’s: I researched and wrote a paper for a local church, who wanted information on the demographics of their community.
– Excerpt – St Matthew’s Report 2013
As a high school teacher, and adult trainer, I’ve written training materials for a wide age-range, which also tick off curriculum requirements. I’ve also contributed to other teacher’s knowledge through book reviews and informative articles.
– Integrated curriculum unit on Timor-Leste for Year 8 students.
– Legal and Ethical unit of work for youth work students.
– Book Review of “Mary Proctor” for Practikos – history teaching association journal.
– Informative article on podcasting for Praktikos
For the last 10 years, I’ve regularly written grant submissions for community projects in my town. Many of these have been successful. Here are a few to check out:
– Community Garden – successful grant.
– Community Space – successful grant.
– Roof Renovation – successful grant.
I have written web content for my own blog, community organisations, and churches. This has also included writing social media content for these groups. Here are some example of my work:
– “A Day in the Life of…”: profile for Premier Youth Work, UK.
– St Matthew’s Church: event pages, program information, and updates
– “Playing Viola for the Cause”: post on personal blog.
A writer always has “bits and pieces” that hang around like an awkward teenager. Where do they fit? Who knows yet. Here are a few:
– Press release for a community art project.
– “Tasmania By Road” – a fiction piece published in Express Media.
– “Lead Tenant” – a reflective piece from my time caring for homeless young people